Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ranch Chicken Parmesan

Tonight's meal was a hit!


Day one of the meals on my mean plan and we're already off to a good start. I made ranch chicken parmesan and was very surprised at how well it turned out. I've tried to make different chicken meals with ranch, and for some reason, is hasn't always turned out tasting THAT great. There was a really popular pin on pinterest (does that make sense?) about ranch chicken. It involved using ritz crackers and cheese. I tried it, but I didn't really care for it. The crackers didn't really stick to the chicken, so all the breading essentially fell off. Totally not knocking anyone who DID find it yummy, just wasn't for me.

But THIS ranch chicken? Um, YUM! I found the recipe here, although I did make minor changes. But, I'm all about giving credit where credit is due!

Ingredients

2 chicken breasts
1/4 cup ranch
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/8 cup parm cheese, grated
1/2 tspn salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 tspn pepper

Now, these were the measurements that were given, but...I added a bit more. I'm pretty sure you can be generous.

You place the chicken in a bowl, covered in ranch. I just made sure the ranch dressing covered all of the chicken VERY well. Put it in the refrigerator and let it marinate for an hour.


Then, in a bowl you mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. I went by the measurements, then just added a little more of everything.


Take the chicken, out of the ranch dressing, and dip it into the bread crumb mix. Make sure you coat it well.


Then, place it into a greased baking dish.


Then, bake it at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes. And voila!


(I had already served my daughter her piece because she was "staaaaarving!!!)

When I make it again, I will be adding more chicken. Usually I only need two breasts when we make anything with chicken. My husband eats a whole piece, and my daughter and I split one piece since with sides added in I usually get full. I could have definitely eaten another piece though. I'll have to add more chicken and probably double the recipe in the mix.

This was such a great meal and will definitely be made again. I served carrots and green beans to go with it. My husband gave it a 7 on his scale!




No comments:

Post a Comment