Saturday, January 7, 2012

Baked Chicken Parmesan

I must be on a roll when it comes to food these days. My recipes have been yummy and my family's stomach's have been full. Which makes for a happy mommy/wife.

The other night, I tried a country fried steak recipe, which didn't turn out so well. Country Fried Steak is one of mine and hubby's favorites, so I was really hoping it would turn out well. It wasn't terrible or anything, but I do want to try and find a better recipe.

Last night however...was a gooood night. 

Read the title. BAKED Chicken Parmesan! Amazing, right? When I saw the pin on pinterest, I put it on my list of things to try. When I was making my meal plan, I knew I had to try it. I'm glad I did! 

The original blogger post is here. I kept mostly to the recipe, only make a couple minor changes. Very minor. It was d-lish!

Ingredients

2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
hot red pepper flakes, to taste
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 5, but they were huge!)
2 cups marinara sauce
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 oz mozzarella, shredded
4 oz Parmesan, grated
1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons  

So, the first thing you do is spread the olive oil in the pan. You also put the red pepper flakes in there, along with the garlic. I was lazy, and just put some garlic powder in there.


The recipe also calls for 9x13 pan, but I actually used an 8x11, which I think worked better for me. Then, you put your chicken breasts in there. I put 4 in there and they fit nicely.


Then, you're going to pour your two cups of marinara all over the chicken. My jar was just a little more than 2 cups, so I just used the whole thing. 
On top of that, you'll put the basil on. Again, I didn't have fresh basil so I just used the dry basil.
From here, I didn't follow the recipe to a T. The recipe said to then put 4oz of mozzarella cheese on top, then add 2oz of parmesan. You then add the croutons, and then put 4 more oz of mozzarella over that, and then the following 2oz of parmesan.

I just put all the mazzarella in, then all the parmesan. I lastly put the croutons in. Either way, it will taste the same. Its just a matter of layering.
Here is what it looked liked before I put it in


Annnndddd here it is after!


 This was really good. It tasted JUST like Chicken Parmesan and was super easy! I'll definitely be making it again!


1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! I think I will try it later this week!

    ReplyDelete