Monday, October 28, 2013

Planning mode


I have a lot of goals that I am looking to set it motion very soon. Gone will be the days of spending the morning on pinterest or snuggling with Britton while watching Bubble Guppies until 11 in the morning. There are going to be so many changes and it is a bit overwhelming.

First, there's homeschooling. This in itself is going to be a full time job for me. Right now, I ship Anistyn off to school and then its just me and Britton. I can let her play while I catch up on laundry or whatever else I'm working on. Once homeschooling starts, I'll be spending a lot of time, especially in the beginning, staying on top of her and her work, teaching her things, lesson planning, and everything else that goes along with it. I'm extremely excited about starting, but it will be a big change for me.

Then, there's cooking. We haven't always been the healthiest when it comes to our eating habits. I've been doing a lot of reading and have decided that I really want us to cut out as many processed foods as possible. I want to do my best to eat as many whole foods as possible. This is going to require more time and preparation in the kitchen. Again, more time and effort on my part, but its something that I feel is best for my family.

So, I'll be juggling homeschooling and spending more time in the kitchen. What am I getting myself into?!?

On top of that...there's this housework stuff. Ugh.

Somehow, in between cooking and teaching my kids, I'm supposed to keep my house maintained? I'm not OCD about my house of course, but I'm spoiled and like clean underwear. I dunno...just a thing of mine.

I'm a fan of keeping my house maintained and at least presentable. I adore structure and I work best when everything is written and planned. It helps me keep myself accountable and remind me what I need to do next. I figure that these next couple of months are going to be my 'planning' phase. I'm getting curriculum together, collecting all of my recipes, and making a list of things that I'll need to make sure all of this goes somewhat smoothly. 

I'm extremely excited about all of this though. I know that my life is going to be a lot busier...but it will be so worth it to me. 

And if anyone knows of a REALLY good planner...send it my way!



No comments:

Post a Comment