Saturday, December 31, 2011

Yummers.






I don't know if you can tell, but this is D-lish. I made this for dinner last night and my family loved it! I've made Josh start giving me a rating from 1-10 on food that I make. I honestly like to know what he likes that I make so that I know he'll like it if I put it on the list of "make agains." When I normally ask him what he thinks of a dish, he'll do what most men do. Give a half hearted "Its good." Which doesn't let me know if he wants me to make it again or not of course. So, the scale has been working very well for us. He gave this a 7. Which was great, considering the night before the meal had gotten a 4. I guess that's the risk you take when you make a pinterest meal, right?

I did NOT come up with this on my own. Thanks to my nice little Betty Crocker app on my Iphone, I came across this and decided to give it a try. It most definitely will be made again. My 6 year old adored it as well.


Ingredients

2 tablespoons Italian dressing 
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips 
3/4  chicken broth 
1 package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli 
1/2 cup half-and-half
4 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled 
Shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired Chopped fresh parsley, if desired

Directions   

- In 10-inch skillet, heat dressing over high heat. Cook chicken in dressing 2 to 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown.
- Add broth and ravioli to skillet. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cook uncovered about 4 minutes or until ravioli are tender and almost all broth has evaporated.

- Stir in half-and-half; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce is hot and desired consistency (cook longer for a thicker sauce). Sprinkle with bacon, cheese and parsley.
I would leave a tip to remember to start cooking your bacon ahead of time. I always cook bacon in the oven, so before you start anything, I would go ahead and preheat the oven and pop your bacon in, that way its done by the time you're done cooking your meal. You want it crispy, so you need to keep it in there awhile. This meal is so yummy! Let me know what you think!





1 comment: