Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I'm baaaaack.

Well hello there blog world. What's new?

I took a break from blogging, but as always...I am pulled back in. Its been over a year and a half since I last blogged, and so much has changed, which is why I really wanted to get back to blogging. So where to begin? How about an update?

In May of 2012 we decided to buy our first home. When Josh signed a new contract with the Army, they told him we would be stuck in Augusta for awhile. So we decided to make it a home and moved off base into a great house. It was a steal and we were so very excited!


I got Anistyn enrolled in the local school and also got her into cheerleading and she adored both! Then, I also got a great job at a new doctor's office in town. We also went to Disney World! Things were great and we were finally settled in. It was home to us. 

But...my husband is in the Army.

A little while after we were all settled and happy...they decided that we should move. Gee, thanks. Normally, they're good about moving you during the summer, which is great with kids out of school. But they wanted Josh to be there at the beginning of February. It was a difficult decision because Josh and I have always had an understanding that as long as he is not deployed, we want to keep our family together as much as possible. But with a new house, my job, and Anistyn adoring her teacher...we just couldn't go. So, he packed himself up and took off to San Angelo, TX without us. 

So I stayed in GA for the next 3 months. I had my sister with me helping for about a month and a half and we attempted to sell our house. Let me tell you. I HATE having to live in a house and show it to people. I'm pretty sure its high up on my list of the most annoying things in the world. Definitely in my top 5. I was working, taking care of kids, and at the drop of a hat someone would want to see the house. But it had to be spotless. Is that ever possible with children? I don't think so. 

After three months though, school was over and we headed out to Texas to be with Josh and start our life out here. We ended up renting our house out and renting out here as well. 

We've been here since the end of May and its still an adjustment. I miss my house in Georgia. I had my best friend living 4 houses down from me who had a toddler the same age as Britton. We were inseperable. 

I haven't really had a chance to make new friends, but I'm sure that will change now that school just started back. I got Anistyn into a great school here so I'm so excited to see how that goes.

I also became a Disney Travel Agent a few months ago and am loving it so much. Its definitely more fun than work.

Britton and I are now in the process of finding friends and the local "hangouts". San Angelo doesn't have much to offer, which is a little bit of a letdown...but hopefully we'll find some fun things to do.

Josh just got promoted to Staff Sergeant and we are just so proud of him. He is so amazing and I fall in love with him a little more every day. If you read my earlier post about him being promoted to Sergeant, you'll be happy to know that I did NOT mess up when I pinned him this time. 

Well, there are a lot more things to talk about, but I think this is enough babbling for now!

Til next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment